NO SMOKE WITHOUT FIRE...
In 1861 a fire started in Tooley Street which burned for two weeks and ultimately led to the creation of London's first fire brigade. This is our Tooley Tote MK II, but with a new rescued leather flourish. Our signature fire-hose is combined with Burberry leather off-cuts to achieve a unique exterior and reclaimed military-grade parachute silk provides the lining.
This is a large, roomy Tote with a single shoulder strap that will allow you to wear it long and slouchy, tight and under the arm, or snug across the body. In order to deliver some crucial internal organisation there is a zip pocket on one side and a two slot poacher style pocket on the other.
It is available in various finite leather colours. The leather we rescue comes to us in very limited quantities, which means we can only ever craft a few pieces of any colour. The variations we have available will always change according to what leather off-cuts we are able to rescue. Every option includes handles and trim in genuine decommissioned fire-hose, which was previously deployed in active duty for up to 25 years, fighting fires around the UK.
THE FIRE & HIDE COLLECTION
In 2005 we fell in love with London's decommissioned fire-hose. Determined to save it from landfill we took this lifesaving material home, gave it a second chance, and vowed to donate 50% of the profits to the Fire Fighters Charity. But fire-hose was just the beginning.
Every year, 800,000 tonnes of leather ends up on the cutting room floor. Our leather partners cherish their hides, but no matter how carefully they cut their patterns, there will always be small seemingly unusable offcuts. To rescue this leather we developed a unique modular approach. We hand weave these fragments into whole new hides then lovingly recraft them into sustainable luxury bags and accessories. Our commitment to rescuing British fire-hoses remains the same, the trim, handles and internal detailing of the Fire & Hide range are all made from genuine decommissioned fire-hose. And we continue to donate 50% of profits to charity.
Our Fire & Hide Collection represents a whole new kind of luxury. One that is sustainable, ethical, transparent, generous and kind.
- Dimensions: H 32 x W 37 x D 10 cm
- Max Strap Drop: 55 cm
- Exterior: Combination of rescued Burberry leather and genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Lining: Reclaimed military-grade parachute silk
- Adjustable shoulder strap in genuine decommissioned British fire-hose
- Available in Red or rare Yellow fire-hose with various limited leather colours
- Contemporary Design
- Internal zip pocket and one full-width internal padded pocket
- Wipe-clean and water resistant fire-hose base
- Presented in a reclaimed parachute silk dust bag, reusable as a shopping or delicate-wash bag
- Etched Elvis & Kresse logo
- Handmade with hand-painted and bound edges
- Repaired for life
- Free international delivery
- 50% of profits go to Charity